Friday, February 22, 2013

Updates with pictures

I have been bad about posting pictures when I actually make the food that I do and I promise I am going to get better about that. Last night I had found a couple recipes for dinner and couldn't exactly decide what to make but wound up making up my own dinner.
Last weekend I had planned on doing a juice fast so when I was at Costco I ended up buying a gigantic bag of kale and a gigantic container of spinach. When my juice fast abruptly ended on monday around four o'clock I was stuck with all kinds of greens.



I wound up making three batched of kale chips yesterday afternoon. Those only took up about 1/4 of the bag. Yeah, it's real big. So for dinner I made cooked kale and spinach sauteed with bacon, onions, garlic, mushrooms and red pepper flakes. It was delicious and my husband even liked it. I served it over a bed of white rice. Jason doesn't like brown rice, but today for lunch I am eating it all over brown rice. I try and include healthy substitutions whenever possible. Brown rice is much healthier in that it hasn't been stripped of it's fiberous shell.


I would highly recommend the Mexican Coleslaw salad I posted a few days ago. It lasted me three amazing lunch days. On the third day I was craving shrimp and needed to used up my huge stash of spinach so I put the coleslaw on a bed of spinach and topped it with some cooked shrimp. It was pure bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment