Monday, February 25, 2013

Questions answered

I wanted to make a post for other people out there who are wondering about Advocare Spark Energy Drink. A friend of mine gave me a sample of it to try out. She knew I had been tired and run down. I was leery in the beginning because it contains artificial sweeteners which I do not use. It has high amounts of caffeine which I was sort of ok with. 120 mg which is more than a cup of coffee. I wasn't sure if it was gluten free. She had told me that it was not made in a gluten free facility. A day later I wanted to try it so I did. WOW!!! I felt more alive than I had in three years or more. It was amazing stuff. I got what all of the fuss was about. The more I loved it the more I wanted to know if it was gluten free. I searched high and low with no answers. None. I found that really odd. You can usually find something online where someone wrote about their experiences. I held off on buying any of the Spark until I could call them. Today I called and they informed me that they are in fact NOT gluten free. They are made with the same equipment as the other wheat products and wheat/gluten can make it's way into the Spark. Would not give me a straight answer if gluten was even used in the product. I found it all very fishy. I will not be using Spark. I would rather know that my gluten free journey in untainted and find my source of energy elsewhere. I hope this helps someone searching for the same answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment